Senior Assistant Registrar and Head
Academic and Students’ Affairs Section
Alhaji Nurudeen Issah Abubakar
The Academic and Student Affairs Section is primarily responsible for performing duties on behalf of the Registrar related to admissions, academic issues as well as student's welfare and governance in the University. Presently, the section has a staff strength of nineteen (19) and is headed by Alhaji Nurudeen Issah Abubakar
This Section is made up of two Units – Students’ Information and Systems Unit (SISU) and the Certification, Examination and Student Unit
The SISU is headed by a Programme Analyst, Mr. Abdul-Wahid Mohammed and the Certification, Examination and Student Unit is headed by an Assistant Registrar, Hajia Ruhia Abdulai.
The activities of the Section are
- Online Admission Application System and Admission of students in Consultation with Admissions Committee;
- Liaising with Faculties to organise Matriculation ceremonies and issuance of Identity Cards to Students and Staff;
- Quality Control and Assurance;
- General Data Processing and Management.
- Processing Academic Transcripts, Attestation and Introduction Letters, etc. for students on request; and
- Preparing, Keeping and Releasing Certificates to Graduates.