2014-2018: Ph.D Agricultural Economics, University for Development Studies
2009-2011: M.Phil. Agricultural Economics, University of Ghana
2004-2008: BSc. in Agriculture (Agricultural Economics Major), University of Ghana
- Teaching Interests
Postgraduate courses: Resource Economics, Environmental Economics and Advanced Mathematical Economics.
Undergraduates Courses: Basic Statistics, Basic Mathematics and Elements of Developement Economics and Policy, Quantitative and Research Methods
PhD Thesis: Farmer Innovations, Improved Agricultural Technologies and Productivity Heterogeneity of Rice Production in Ghana
- Agula, C., Akudugu, A. M., Dittoh, S. and Mabe, F. N. (2018). Promoting Sustainable Agriculture in Africa through Ecosystem-Based Farm Management Practices: Evidence from Ghana, Agriculture and Food Security, 2018: 7:5.
- Danso-Abbeam, G., Bosiako, J. A., Ehiakpor, D. S., and Mabe, F. N. (2018). Adoption of Improved Maize Variety among Farm Households in the Northern Region of Ghana. Cogent Economics and Finance. 2017:5, pp. 1-14
- Mabe, F. N., Talabi, K. and Danso-Abbeam, G. (2017). Awareness of Health Implications of Agrochemical Use: Effects on Maize Production in Ejura-Sekyedumase Municipality, Ghana. Advances in Agriculture. Vol. 2017, pp. 1-11, doi.org/10.1155/2017/7960964
- Jinbaani, N. A., Donkoh, A. S., Mabe, F. N. and Ansah, K. G. I. (2016). Commercializing Innovations from Agricultural Research in Northern Ghana and Farmers’ Willingness to Pay. African Journal of Business Management, academicJournals; Vol. 10(7): pp. 140-150.
- Ehiakpor, D. S., Danso-Abbeam, G. and Mabe, F. N. (2015). Technical Efficiency in Ghana’s Cocoa Industry. Evidence from the Western Region of Ghana. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 6(7): 205-214.
- Ehiakpor, D. S., Mabe, F. N. and Tendeku, D. (2015). Improved Electricity Supply: What Factors Determine How Much Domestic Customers are willing to Pay in Tamale Urban and Peri-Urban Areas? British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade. 6(4): 323-334, SCIENCEDOMAIN international, www.sciencedomain.org
- Mabe, F. N. Nketiah, P. and Darko, D. (2014). Farmers’ Willingness to Pay for Weather Forecast Information in Savelugu-Nanton Municipality of the Northern Region, Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, Vol.12, No.36, 34-43.
- Mabe, F. N., Sienso, G. and Donkoh, S. (2014). Determinants of Choice of Climate Change Adaptation Strategies in Northern Ghana, Research in Applied Economics, Vol. 6, No. 4, Macrothink Institute.
- Mabe, F. N., Sarpong, D. B. and Osei-Asare, Y. (2014). Empirical Evidence of Climate Change: Effects on Rice Production in the Northern Region of Ghana. British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade, 4(4): 551-562, SCIENCEDOMAIN international, www.sciencedomain.org
10. Mabe, F. N., Mabe, M. K. D. and Sienso, G. (2013). Empirical Analysis of Determinants of Liquidity Positions of SMEs in Greater Accra Region of Ghana. International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow Vol. 3 No. 11
- Mabe, M. D. K. and Mabe, F. N. and Cudjoe, F. N. Y. (2013). Constraints Facing New and Existing Small and Medium-Scale Enterprises (SMEs) in Greater Accra Region of Ghana. International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management, VOL. 2, NO. 1, 160-168.
- Cudjoe, F. N. Y., Mensah-Bonsu, A. and Mabe, F. N. (2013). Cocoa-Based Information and Knowledge Acceptability and Rural Poverty in the Eastern Region of Ghana, Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, Vol.4, No.7, 33-42.
- Cudjoe, F. N. Y., Asuming-Brempong, S. and Mabe, F. N. (2013). Analysis of Cocoa-Based Agricultural Knowledge and Information Systems in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, Vol.2, No.14, 34-43.
- Mabe, F. N., Sarpong, D. B. and Osei-Asare, Y. (2012). Adaptive Capacities of Farmers to Climate Change Adaptation Strategies and their Effects on Rice Production in the Northern Region of Ghana. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 11, 9-17.
- Mumuni, E., Sulemana, N. and Mabe, F. N. (2018). Land-energy-water nexus for sustainable development in Africa: A case study of northern Ghana. A paper presented at Education and Sustainable Development in Africa and Next Generation Researchers in Africa Workshop on 26th April, 2018 at UDS International Conference Centre, Tamale
- Effects of Environmental Factors on Profit Efficiency of Rice Production in Northern Region, A paper presented at 2017 Annual Ghana Association of Agricultural Economists (GAAE) Conference, UDS International Conference Centre, Tamale, 27-29th September, 2017.
- Productivity Heterogeneity of Rice Production in Ghana: Policy Implications for Farmer Innovations and Improved Agricultural Technologies. A presentation of findings of USAID/APSP commissioned research at Agricultural Policy Summit, Movenpick Hotel, Accra on 15th August, 2017.
- Mabe, F. N., Talabi, K. and Danso-Abbeam, G. (2016). Awareness of Health Implications of Agrochemical Use: Effects on Maize Production in Ejura-Sekyedumase Municipality, Ghana. A paper presented at the 2016 Annual Interdisciplinary Conference of the University for Development Studies from 1st – 2nd September, 2016 at the UDS New Auditorium Block, Navrongo Campus, Navrongo, Ghana.