The Faculty of Education (FoE) was carved out of the then Faculty of Education, Law and Business Studies in February, 2013. The Dean's Office is located on the Tamale Campus with Departments on all campuses, where collaborative programmes are run in conjunction with relevant Faculties. The establishment of the Faculty is to provide leadership, research and training for the re-thinking and re- modelling of education as a tool for social equity and human development.
The establishment of the FoE within a development gives it the competitive edge for the strategic design and roll out of innovative programmes that address local and national development needs. In view of this mandate, its programmes target the formal and non-formal systems of education at the diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These programmes are strategically tailored to respond to ongoing teaching and learning, research and dissemination and, administration and management challenges in education as well as the educational quality and national development needs.
The FoE's programmes are in the areas of Teacher Education, Development Education and Foundations Education.
B.Ed. Social Science with options starting in Level 300 (Full time - 4 years)
- History and Political Science
B.Ed. Business Studies with options starting in Level 300 (Full time - 4 years)
- B.Ed. Science
- B.Ed. Mathematics
- B.Ed. Agricultural Science
- B.Ed. Health Science (being phased out)
- B.Ed. Basic Education (Full time - 4 years)
- B.Ed. Basic Education (Part time - Two-Year Post-Diploma)
- B.Ed. Ealy Childhood Care and Education (Full time - 4 years)
- B.A. Development Education (Full time - 4 years)
- Diploma in Development Education (Full time - 2 years)
- Diploma in Basic Education (Sandwich)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education (Sandwich)
- M.Ed. Agricultural Science (Sandwich)
- M.Phil. Agricultural Science Education (Full time)
- M.A. Development Education (Sandwich)
- M.Phil. Development Education (Full time)
- M.A. Training and Development (Sandwich)
- M.Phil. Traning and Development (Full time)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (Sandwich)